Toronto International Bicycle Show - March 1 to 3, 2019
Toronto International Bicycle Show, March 1 to 3, 2019
Based on high demand the Bicycle Show has enlarged the test track to 2,300 feet that works for every type of bike including the Pedal Assist Electric bike and a new redesigned X-Jam course. Again for 2019, the Bike Polo Tournament has changed format to a 3 on 3 set up, to make the games even faster paced.
- 175+ Exhibitors — manufacturers, distributors, retailers, tour companies, clubs and others
- Special Retail Marketplace area – selling the newest products with the best selection under one roof
- Special Manufacturers’ Showcase area – showcasing the newest products and the best selection under one roof
- What is new and hot in bikes, accessories and clothing for 2019
- Electric Bicycle Exhibitors
- Bicycle Frame Building
- Bicycle Touring – from one-day trips to lengthy group cycling tours. Plan an exciting bike touring vacation. Visitors can talk with different tourism companies and discover exciting new cycling destinations both locally and internationally
- Enter at the show to win a Bianchi Bicycle, an Amego step through E-Bicycle and other prizes
- Talk to bicycle club representatives and join a Bicycle Club.
Major action events and activities
- XJAM 2019 — BMX-JAM and mountain bike freestyle competition. The BMX Jam is a BMX Freestyle Park event as will be seen at the Japan Olympics in 2020
- 2,300 Foot Test Track — Expanded test track for you to experience and test out every kind of bike including Pedal Assist Electric bikes
- CFO Pro/Am BMX Flatland Freestyle Competition — see the world’s top freestylers
- Bike Polo — The Great Lakes Winter Classic Bike Polo Tournament is the first major event of the 2019 Bike Polo calendar. Bike Polo is a team sport combining the bicycle rider’s skills with the fast-paced action of hockey. Teams and players from Canada, the USA and Europe have been invited, including the UK, Germany and France. Most have played in North American and World Championships
- Roller Racing —D’Ornellas Bike Shop presents old school roller racing. Everyone is welcome to participate, lots of prizes
- Kid's Action Zone — Enclosed carpeted area for kids to let loose, taking in a number of great activities.
The Toronto X-Jam returns with some of the world’s best Professional Freestyle BMX and Mountain Bike riders will battle it out for $20,000 in cash and prizes. BMX Jam is a BMX Freestyle event as will be seen at the Japan Olympics in 2020. New limits of what’s possible on a bike are pushed, making for an incredible show. Riding in jam format allows this competition to be one of the most progressive in the world. Friday is practice day for all classes and features the Expert class qualifying heats Friday evening. Saturday will see practice for all classes as well as qualifying heats for the Ladies, Pro BMX and Pro MTB classes. Not to be missed is the BMX Park/Street Best Trick Competition, a must see radical trick showcase Saturday at 5 p.m. If you think bike stunts look crazy on TV, you have just got to be in the stands. Sunday features the finals for all classes. For a full schedule go to www.xjam.ca The X-Jam is guaranteed to be one of the most exciting events in Toronto all year. The competition is free with show admission and takes place at the Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place.
Our 2019 test track will be expanded to 2,300 feet for you to experience and test out every kind of bike including Pedal Assist Electric bikes. Don’t miss the opportunity to test out the newest bicycles. You could test ride one on our new simulated street and off road course track. You will be sold on it because you will never be left behind again when riding with your advanced cyclist partner!!!
CFO Pro/Am BMX Flatland Freestyle Competition - Watch many of the world’s best freestylers from many countries show their rad tricks and special riding performances.
BMX Flatland has been a part of the Toronto International Bicycle show for over 28 years. CFO BMX is proud to say that 2019 marks the 15th Anniversary of the FU Flatland Series here at the show.
The Toronto Flatland contest is the biggest in Canada and has long attracted Novice riders all the way up to the current Pro riders from around the globe. The event has been won by Pro riders representing Japan, the UK, the US, and most recently Canada.
Friday night is open registration and practice with the Novice through Vet classes running on Saturday. Sunday is all about the Pros. The world's best will be competing for the $4k Pro Purse and the right to be called the Decades best!!
For more information visit www.cfobmx.ca
Bike Polo Toronto and the Toronto International Bicycle Show Presents the Great Lakes Winter Classic.
The Great Lakes Winter Classic Bike Polo Tournament is the first major event of the 2019 Bike Polo calendar. Bike Polo is a team sport combining the bicycle rider’s skills with the fast-paced action of hockey. Teams and players from Canada, the USA and Europe have been invited, including the UK, Germany and France. Most have played in North American and World Championships..
New format this year 3 vs 3!
visit http://bikepolotoronto.ca/ for more details.
Register Your Team Before Jan 24
An enclosed carpeted area for Kids to let loose, taking in a number of great activities. (Adult supervision required). This area is staffed by the Bicycle Show and features.
- Face painting and glitter tattoos
- Jump and slide bouncers
- Test ride striders, trikes and 12” super cycles on our Special closed course.
Hours for the Kids' Action Zone, which is located at the north/east end of the Better Living Centre, are Friday 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 12 noon to 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 noon to 5 p.m.
Fri 1PM -7 PM
Sat 11 AM - 5 PM
Sun 11 AM - 4 PM
Turn those Legs! The Clock is Ticking
- 5 Age group Categories for Woman/Men & Junior Riders
- Public Service Category Fire/Police/Paramedic
- Fastest Overall Cycling club Wins a prize
- Fastest Show Participants Womens/Mens & JR Categories
- Prizes for First Place in all Categories
All prizes must be claimed by Sunday at 4 PM